“Mindfulness is about being fully awake in our lives. It is about perceiving the exquisite vividness of each moment. We also gain immediate access to our own powerful inner resources for insight, transformation, and healing.”
Info on Mindfulness
What is Mindfulness
Benefits of Mindfulness
Who is Mindfulness for
How Mindfulness is Cultivated
(scroll down the page for info)
Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction 8-week Program
Mindfulness In Schools
Mindfulness in Nature Retreats
Mindfulness at Work
Mindfulness Information Talks
What is Mindfulness?
Mindfulness involves paying attention to your experience in the present moment in a non-judgmental, open and curious manner. The practice of mindfulness enables you to be increasingly aware of your thoughts, emotions and sensations as they arise from moment to moment, and so, to relate to everyday challenges and stresses with greater awareness, intention and wisdom.
Scientific research has proven that this state of mind, if regularly cultivated, boosts physical and psychological wellbeing, resilience, cognitive functioning and overall happiness. As mindfulness involves training in your ability to be aware of the state of your mind and body moment-to-moment and the how of bringing forth nourishing qualities of mind, it has the potential to affect all areas of your life.
In a nutshell mindfulness positively affects your life by:
- Promoting Physical Health – via regulation of the stress reaction and regular activation of the relaxation response and creating a habit of physical and mental rest.
- Promoting Psychological Wellbeing – via increased capacity to deal with and “digest” distressing emotions and thoughts, building resilience to life’s challenges and stresses, and increasing positive emotions.
- Enhancing Mental Functioning – through enhanced focus, concentration, memory, learning, flexibility in thinking and responding, and problem solving.
- Increasing Self-Awareness – awareness of your patterns of thinking, feeling and behaving as well as awareness of your true values in life, the things that are truly nourishing and satisfying for you.
- Increasing Ability to Savour the Present Moment– by equipping you with the capacity to bring attention to all the subtle details of your present moment experience and shift your attention from the turbulent mode of “thinking” or the busy mode of “doing” into the non-conceptual “being” mode, a state of savouring sensory experience as it happens in the moment.
“The list of things I got from mindfulness training is too long. The key things were being kind to myself and the very practical learning of how to manage pain and difficult experiences /situations. I also liked learning some of the theory and background details. Gus you are very clear and knowledgeable and you have a very sincere and caring approach to running the course. Thank you!”Dipti McGowan
The Benefits of Mindfulness
Over 36 years of scientific research, including neuroscience studies, have provided evidence for a wide range of benefits from mindfulness practice in many areas of life, including:
Stronger immune system. Lower levels of cortisol and lower blood pressure. Reduced risk and symptoms of diseases. Less intensity and frequency of headaches. Better coping with chronic illnesses.
Increased empathy. More emotional awareness in relationships. Being more fully present with others
Quality of Life
Greater energy and enthusiasm. More satisfaction with life. More self care, relaxation and rest. Increased enjoyment and savouring of the present moment.
Better focus and concentration. Improved problem solving and memory. Increased ability to “digest” stress and handle challenges.
Increased resilience to stress. Reduced anxiety and depression. Increased self-esteem and self-confidence. Shift in brain activity in areas related to negative emotions to more activity in areas related to positive emotions. Regulation of reactivity of the Amygdala (fear centre in the brain).
Who is Mindfulness Training for?
Mindfulness is for anyone who wishes to do something for themselves to enhance their mental and physical wellbeing, improve resilience to stress, and live life more fully.
Perhaps you want to:
- Increase your ability to deal with the stresses from work or to boost your concentration, or
- Better regulate your emotions as you might often feel anxious, irritable or down, or
- Better cope with the demands of parenting or other challenges that life is throwing at you, or
- Improve your immune system, deal with migraines or sleeping difficulties,
- Explore inner resources to cope with a chronic health condition, or
- Maybe you just want to live a more conscious life with a sense of meaning, vitality and connectedness.
Mindfulness training has been found to be a fertile platform to propel you in these directions.
Gustavo Se Cestari
BPsych, P.DipPsych, Associate Member of the Australian Psychological Society. Associate Member of Openground Training and Consulting. Founder of AMAR Centre for Growth and Mindful Living
M:0430 434 417 firstname.lastname@example.org
NEXT MINDFULNESS PROGRAM
Mindfulness in Everyday Life – MBSR 8-week Program
An Invitation to Greater Levels of Health, Balance and Peace of Mind in your Life!
20th of October – Tuesdays nights 7pm-9:30pm Robina Community Centre, Gold Coast.
Enrol Now! Limited Places.
“My experience was simply amazing! I was going through a lot at the time and it gave me the tools to deal with day-to-day challenges that felt overwhelming. The teaching was patient, attentive to others, clear, understanding, open, non-judgmental, it really was outstanding. I felt so welcomed and comfortable to feel whatever I was feeling, good or bad. I have taken all the skills I have learnt because you showed me it can work. Thank You! “
Celeste Twiklers – Jewellery Designer & Illustrator – MBSR Participant